Explore Exposition Park on a budget with Metro Rail and Metro Bike Share.
Make today a Day to Play! Enjoy a leisurely ride around the neighborhood, dock your Metro Bike Share bike in Exposition Park near Banc of California Stadium, and enjoy some of the many museums and landmarks in this urban oasis. Bring your own lunch and enjoy a picnic in the park.
Exposition Park Destinations
- Museum of Natural History, Los Angeles – fee-based admission
- Exposition Park Rose Garden – free of cost
- California Science Center – donation-based entry
- LA Memorial Coliseum – exterior landmark
- California African American Museum – free admission
- Lockheed A-12 Trainer Plane Monument – exterior landmark
- Banc of California Stadium – Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) home field
- Jesse Brewer Jr. Park – small neighborhood green space; perfect for an outdoor picnic
Start/endpoint: Take E Line (Expo) to Expo / Vermont Station, walk to Metro Bike Share Station on Vermont & Exposition
Metro Bike Share Stations along route:
- Vermont & Exposition
- University & Hoover
- 32nd & Figueroa
- Figueroa & Jefferson
- Figueroa & McCarthy Way
- Expo Park/ LAFC
Accessible via Bus and Rail (for assistance in planning your trip, please visit Metro Trip Planner):
- LADOT Dash: F (Financial District), King East, Leimert/Slauson, Southeast
- Metro Local and Metro Rapid: Lines 40, 81, 102, 200, 204, 460, 754, 910
- Metro Rail: Metro E Line (Expo), Metro J Line (Silver)
Conditions: 2-mile loop, flat, mostly in bike lanes, bikeways, and pedestrian access areas
Notes: Always return your Metro Bike to a Metro Bike Share station to end your trip. Never leave your Metro Bike unattended!
- Take the Metro E Line (Expo) and exit at Expo / Vermont Station.
- Walk towards Vermont Ave. Use the pedestrian light to cross W Exposition Blvd. and check out a Metro Bike from the Metro Bike Share station on the southwest corner of Vermont & Exposition.
- Use the light to cross S. Vermont Ave. and head northbound on Vermont.
- Right onto Jefferson Blvd.
- Right onto S Figueroa. Use the protected bike lane.
- Turn right on State Dr. The California African American Museum will be directly on your left. Please observe the park's rules regarding bicycles and be mindful of other riders and pedestrians. Ride courteously and respectfully!
- Keep left on the path – the Lockheed Martin A-12 Trainer monument will be directly ahead.
- Turn right onto the road towards Exposition Park Drive. The California Science Center will be on your right.
- Turn right onto Bill Robertson Lane.
- Follow Bill Robertson Lane north, passing the construction site for the upcoming Lucas Museum of Narrative Art. Turn left and go through Jesse Brewer Jr. Park. Dismount your bike if necessary.
- Use the pedestrian crosswalk, proceed to the Metro Bike Share Station and be sure to return the bike to a dock. Listen for 3 beeps to ensure your bike is returned properly.
Save the map.
Take this Ride.
Need some riding tips?
We've compiled some tips for riding that should be a good place to start for new riders or just a nice refresher for our long time commuters.