Main & Spring Forward Loop
This section of protected bike lanes are a great way to explore Downtown LA from the seat of a Metro Bike.
Length: 1.8 Miles
Conditions: Flat Terrain, City cycling on protected bike lanes.
- Start at Main & Winston Metro Bike Share Station
- In the bike lane head west towards 5th Street
- On your right you will pass the Claudio Ethos mural
- To the left is the Regent Theater, originally built in 1914
- On Main right before 7th keep an eye out for the Historic Beau Arts style Cecil Hotel, rumored to be a haunted hotel.
- Stay in the bike lane until you get to 9th street and the bike lane loops around onto Spring
- Ride on Spring past the Spring Street Park built in 2013 to
- Make a right onto third Street
- Make another right to jump back on the Main Street protected bike lane
- End your destination at the starting point of Main & Winston in front of the Los Angeles Art Walk
Download the App.
Use the Metro Bike Share app as your co-pilot.
Find nearby stations and bikes, purchase passes, and unlock Metro Bikes with a few taps on your phone. No kiosk necessary.
Need some riding tips?
We've compiled some tips for riding that should be a good place to start for new riders or just a nice refresher for our long time commuters!
Visit our Riding Tips page for some suggestions on how to stay safe while riding Metro Bikes.