Catch us at the following community events!
Interested in having Metro Bike Share support your event? Reach out to us! Email email@example.com.
- This event has passed.
Edendale Branch Library: MBS 101 Bike Safety Basics Class with LACBC & Metro BEST
September 29 @ 5:00 pm - 6:30 pm
All new attendees who complete this course will receive a code for a FREE 30-Day Metro Bike Share Pass redeemable at any time. You can redeem this code online at metro.net/bikeshare or in the Metro Bike Share app.
Pre-registration and attendance confirmation is required for all participants. Once you are registered, we will send you location information and a waiver to confirm your attendance. If you are attending with other family members, each person must be registered in order to attend. Participants will also receive a FREE helmet and a set of bike lights!Register now to guarantee your spot!
Who Should Sign-Up:
If you know how to ride a bike, but may be uncomfortable using a bike for everyday travel or recreation. This class covers bike safety basics and route planning with an engaging and interactive presentation.
What You’ll Learn:
- What I Need to Bike: Helmet Fit / Lights / Locks
- Intro to Bike Share System: Using the App / Finding Docks and Stations / Locking and Returning
- Staying Safe: ABC Quick Check / Maintenance and Repairs
- Biking on City Streets: Navigating Common Hazards / Bikes and Transit
- Bike Services / Online Events Offered by Metro, Bike Share, and LACBC: Self-Guided Rides / Metro Bike Map
Date: Thursday, September 29th
Duration: 1.5 Hours
Time: 5-6:30 p.m.
Location: Edendale Branch Library