Pounds of CO2
* Data is based on estimation using trip duration and origin/destination location. Total passes sold includes annual flex and monthly passes.
All the bikeshare trips taken from launch through the last quarter.
Metro and its partners at Bicycle Transit Systems are pleased to share anonymized Metro Bike Share trip data with the public. The privacy of Metro passholders and users is very important to us, and information won’t be released unless the Metro can ensure that the identities of individuals or groups cannot be discerned and that their privacy is not compromised.
Toss it, flip it, turn it inside out, combine it with your own or someone else's data! Tell us how many trips happened after midnight, or near your event or business - we invite you to delve into the data and reveal the hidden gems of understanding that will allow us to make Metro Bike Share the best it can be.
Each .csv file contains data for one quarter of the year. Each file contains the following data points:
- Trip ID
- Duration (seconds) - Trip times listed are calculated by taking the check-out and check-in times and rounding down to the minute. For example: checkout time = 4:09:14 PM, return time = 4:15:49 PM (6 minute and 35 second trip). The dataset records the trip time as 6 minutes or 360 seconds.
- Start Date, Time
- End Date, Time
- Start Station ID, Lat/Lon – The station name corresponding to the station to the station ID can be found in the StationTable.
- End Station ID, Lat/Lon
- Bike ID
- Plan Duration – This shows the type of pass by number of days (i.e., thirty-day pass shows ’30’)
- Trip Route Category - Round Trip or One Way
- Passholder Type - Walkup, Monthly or Flex Pass
- Data will be cleansed prior to publication according to the following criteria:
- Staff servicing and test trips are removed.
- Trips below or equal to 1 minute are removed.
- A "Virtual Station," listed in the checkout and return kiosks, is used by staff to check in or check out a bike remotely for a special event or in a situation in which a bike could not otherwise be checked in or out to a station.
- Trip lengths are capped at 24 hours.
- Some short round trips or long trips may be the result of system or user error, but have been kept in the data set for completeness.
Download a zipped CSV file containing trip data for:
2017 Q1 January - March Coming April 2017
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Live station location and status information from Metro Bike Share is available in the following formats: