Catch us at the following community events!
Interested in having Metro Bike Share support your event? Reach out to us! Email email@example.com.
- This event has passed.
March Community Ride: Women’s History
Join LA County Bicycle Coalition and Metro Bike Share for this ride sponsored by Metro’s Bicycle Education Safety Training (BEST) Program. The ride will feature five different locations that connects important spaces for women throughout Downtown LA, from women-designed architecture to spaces of change for women’s rights. This 4.9-mile ride starts at Union Station West Portal and loops through Downtown LA stopping at various landmarks .
Please register to receive the ride map and turn-by-turn directions for this self-guided route.
All attendees who join this ride will also receive a code for a FREE 30-Day Metro Bike Share Pass redeemable at any time. You can redeem this code online at metro.net/bikeshare or in the Metro Bike Share app.
Start/End: Union Station West Portal
- Public Transit: This ride is accessible via Patsaouras Bus Plaza as well as the Metro L Line (Gold), B Line (Red), and D Line (Purple). For assistance in planning your route, please visit https://trips.metro.net/
- Parking: Paid parking is available at Union Station.
Experience Level: Beginner / Family-Friendly
What to Bring:
- A functional bicycle or wheeled device (highly recommended with gears)
- Mask or face covering to wear at stops and when not able to social distance
- Hand sanitizer
- TAP card or money for fare if you plan to use the Metro bus or train.
- A helmet is required if under 18
- Bike lights (front white light and red rear light)
- Reflective gear and bright-colored clothing
- Water Bottle (with water)
We will be observing strict protocols during the ride to ensure safety and comfort for all participants. The entire ride will be conducted outdoors to maximize physical distancing. Please keep in mind the following rules while attending the ride:
- If you are feeling sick or unwell, please stay home. There are many virtual class options still available.
- Even if you are fully vaccinated, please bring a mask or face covering to wear at ride stops and socially distance from others on the ride not in your household. If you are not yet fully vaccinated, you are still required to wear a mask or face covering outdoors when you cannot keep a safe distance while exercising (at least 8 feet).
The Los Angeles County Bicycle Coalition (LACBC) is a membership-based nonprofit organization that works to make all communities in LA County healthy, safe, and fun places to ride a bike through advocacy, education, and outreach.
Metro’s Bicycle Education Safety Training (BEST) Program currently offers bike classes at 4 different levels—Bicycling 101 and 1, 2, 3. If you are interested in taking classes at the next level or joining a community bike ride, check out the full event calendar. For more info on how to ride a bike in LA County, visit metro.net/gobike.
Metro Bike Share system makes bikes available 24/7, 365 days a year in Downtown LA, Central LA, Hollywood, North Hollywood, and on the Westside. Metro Bike Share offers convenient round-the-clock access to a fleet of bicycles for short trips. Metro Bike Share is one of LA Metro’s multiple public transportation options for Angelenos and visitors to get around. Metro Bike Share is a fast, easy, and fun way to ride, anytime. Get a bike from any Metro Bike Share station, go for a ride, and properly return it. It’s easy — just like riding a bike!