This section of protected bike lanes are a great way to explore Downtown LA from the seat of a Metro Bike.
Length: 1.8 Miles
Conditions: Flat Terrain, City cycling on protected bike lanes.
Notes: Always return your Metro Bike to a Metro Bike Share station to end your trip. Never leave your Metro Bike unattended!
- Start at Main & Winston Metro Bike Share Station
- In the bike lane head west towards 5th Street
- On your right you will pass the Claudio Ethos mural
- To the left is the Regent Theater, originally built in 1914
- On Main right before 7th keep an eye out for the Historic Beau Arts style Cecil Hotel, rumored to be a haunted hotel.
- Stay in the bike lane until you get to 9th street and the bike lane loops around onto Spring
- Ride on Spring past the Spring Street Park built in 2013 to
- Make a right onto third Street
- Make another right to jump back on the Main Street protected bike lane
- End your destination at the starting point of Main & Winston in front of the Los Angeles Art Walk
Save the map.
Take this Ride.
Need some riding tips?
We've compiled some tips for riding that should be a good place to start for new riders or just a nice refresher for our long time commuters.
Always properly return your Metro Bike to end your trip. Never leave a Metro Bike unattended during your trip. Riders will be charged penalty fees up to $2,500 for missing or improperly docked bikes. Report missing or stolen Metro Bikes to 844.857.2453.