Take a ride down the off-street Chandler Bike Path and visit North Hollywood's historic Lankershim Depot and colorful murals.
Length: 2 miles
Conditions: Flat, Partial on-street bike lane, and mostly off-street paved bike path.
Notes: Always return your Metro Bike to a Metro Bike Share station to end your trip. Never leave your Metro Bike unattended!
- Start at the North Hollywood B (Red) Line Station Metro Bike Station
- The station is in front of the Lankershim Depot that has been restored to look the way it did when it served as a Red Car Stop.
- Cross Chandler Street to head east away from the depot.
- At Vineland make a left, and then immediate right to stay on Chandler
- Once on Chandler you will be able to join the Chandler Bike Path
- On the right of the Chandler pathway are filled with murals. These Murals range from abstract, graffiti, dedications to Peaches (the fruit that brought people to North Hollywood originally) music, movies, and North Hollywood of old.
- To keep your ride at 2 miles, you can turn around at the Chandler Blvd and Cuhenga Metro Bike Share station, or you can add .5 miles to your total journey and ride to Chandler Blvd and Clybourn Ave.
- Once you hit your desired turning point, you can return the way you came on the bike path, back to the North Hollywood B (Red) Line Metro Bike Share station.
- End Point: North Hollywood Station
Save the map.
Take this Ride.
Ready to go for a ride? Plan ahead and purchase a pass online or with the Metro Bike Share mobile app. The 24-Hour Access Pass is perfect for a day of exploring!
Need some riding tips?
We've compiled some tips for riding that should be a good place to start for new riders or just a nice refresher for our long time commuters.